Monday 1 December 2014

Hert-tail and a Little Pinner.

You know that a young trials rider is worth looking at when Danny MacAskill suggests you look at his video. I’m nothing like as good a judge but I also think you should watch.

Arnaud Janin - Automne Edit from Florent Pichon 🍃 on Vimeo.

Expect to see him in a Red Bull helmet in a few years.

Less interestingly I braved my damaged ankle to go and ride the bridleways of Hertfordshire. As winter properly gets going they were predictably muddy and slippery to ride, and a closed road meant I had to divert onto pretty major roads and miss my favourite sections of riding, but it was still a decent enough loop.


So, I hear you asking, what is the riding here like? For the first time I can show you the collection of only moderately inspiring bridleways through managed woodland and across wet fields that make up the ride. Punctuated with motorbikes and horses it isn’t the most technical or exciting riding, but has the huge advantage of being only half an hour form North London. Next time I’ll at least bring you the highlights of the route, but for now here is some exciting footage of an average rider sliding about in the mud on a hardtail.


A

No comments:

Post a Comment