Tuesday 9 June 2015

Racing

The eagle eyed and detail oriented of you who are mad enough to watch nearly fifteen minutes of average riding around the Midlands yesterday will have spotted a glaring continuity error. Yes, on the section I put together of riding down Minton Batch, switching between two riders I was in different gloves from the rest of the day.

This is because the section on my bike was filmed, not at the same time, but the previous evening. I didn’t think of the gloves (and actually my top and the angle of the light) because, quite frankly I make this stuff up as I go along and it only occurred to me to tell the story like I did as I edited the video. So, anyway, sorry for the deception.

On the plus side it lets me do this like it’s one of those cool race comparison things.


I mean that makes me feel good at least…

Talking of racing there was lots of that happening on Sunday. In East London Bradley Wiggins attempted to break the hour record, and did. This came as a surprise to virtually no one even as they played up the heavy weather, but it was really nice to see him do it and to set such a margin.


Meanwhile in Scotland the Downhill World Cup circus arrived in Fort William. For the quick summary, Manon Carpenter crashed hard, but got 4th, Rachel Atherton won and then Greg Minnaar stormed the track to take the men’s race in front of Aaron Gwin. As usual the course threw up fun and games and looked to really challenge all the riders.


A

No comments:

Post a Comment